Thursday 5 April 2012

I hope you'll all sign up for a little horsing around. It's another Blogathon!

After the success of the Dogathon recently, which was the clever creation of Rick over at the Classic Film  & TV Cafe, I thought it would be fun to do a Horseathon. There's been so many great films made that are either horse centric or revolve around our favorite western stars and their trusty sidekicks with hooves.

The Horseathon will be from May 25-27 but depending on how many sign on to do the Blogathon we can always extend the time in order to not have everything crammed in over 3 days.  We know from experience how difficult it is to read and comment on posts when there's at least 10 a day to get through.

I'm extending the invitation to anyone with a blog and if you've found yourself without a blog then contact me and perhaps you can guest post your entry here during the event. I'm more than happy to accommodate you so you don't miss out on the fun.

Even though most of the Blogathons center around classic films I won't be putting a specific time period on your choices so if you want to blog about War Horse then that's perfectly fine with me.  Write about anything you want to as long as there's a horse involved. (Yes, if your favorite film had a rocking horse as part of the plot then that's fine too! But if you have a thing for collecting paintings of horses on velvet then have yourself a garage sale then find a great film to write on.  Although we would love to see your collection.)

I hope everyone will find this topic interesting enough to sign up for it. Just shoot me a quick email at silentscreenfan@gmail.com if I'm not familiar with your blog or if you need more info, have any questions. Otherwise you can leave a comment here with the topic or film you would like to write on. (I have had a couple of bloggers claim their favorite film already so don't wait to sign on if you have a favorite.)

Below are the banners I've made up to display on your blogs so please take the one you like.  Even if you aren't participating I hope you'll let your readers know about the event.







If you need some inspiration here's a link to a large list of horse films beginning in 1940. LIST. Also, if you aren't yet sure about what you would like to write about there is no hurry or if you change your mind on a film the deadline isn't until May 10th.

Becky found another site that has a lot of great classic horse films that can be found HERE.

Thanks everyone and Giddy Up!
Page

No comments:

Post a Comment