Tuesday 12 July 2011

They Had Pets With Adorable Faces

A couple of months ago while I was doing a series on stars and their pets, Venus from They Had Faces sent me some great photos of silent stars with pets. I wandered off again with Blogathons, weird scary movie posts and life but I wanted to share these really nice photos with everyone. 

Brigitte Helm with her cute little doggie. I hope she brought a lint brush! Those dogs shed like crazy. (I really need her hat)

Buster Keaton relaxing on his lawn with a pretty cute best friend. Keaton really needs to smile. That constant frown is starting to give me the sads.

Clara Bow with a tiny friend. What's with the death grip Clara? It must be her first gift from Rex Bell.

Dolores Del Rio with a black cat for good luck. Of course with those jewels and that flawless face she doesn't need luck.

Dorothy Sebastian sharing the love. Or she's sitting by a curb selling puppies. 

Ginger Rogers with very obedient tennis mate. I just want to see how he holds the tennis racket.

Greta Garbo holding a pretty unfortunate looking little guy. It looks like a sea otter mated with a lemur. 

Harold Lloyd dancing on the beach. I think we now know where Marmaduke and Mandanas originated. And I'm sure they didn't draw any attention at the beach. 'snort'

Jean Harlow with what looks like Asta's parent. I just hope it doesn't turn into a "nasty little cur" (You guys know where that line came from)

Awwww! Joan Crawford. I'm shocked this photo saw the light of day with the dogs getting most of the attention. 

Josephine Baker with a dog that's getting ready to knee cap her friend. I think we've found the last existing Tasmanian Tiger. (If you haven't seen one look them up. The scariest animal I've ever seen)

Louise Brooks (I bet she's hiding a treat, that dog is well trained or he's spazzing out over her burlap sack dress)

Lupe Velez showing us why she got her nickname. At least she's not wearing a leopard coat because that would be AWKWARD!

Norma Talmadge looks thrilled to be posing with her pet.  Maybe it was trying to attack her tiny fur scarf so I should be more understanding. 

Olive Thomas has great taste in prop pets.

Pola Negri must have a lot of break-in's in her neighborhood. Why else would you have so many vicious looking dogs? Well, unless they're to sick on Nazimova.  RRROWWRR!

Tallulah Bankhead looks so happy but we all know that dog ate those gorgeous flowers within a few minutes and she was off bawling and drinking in a corner.

Rudolph Valentino. I can't hate on him, I mean look at those fabulous pants.

I hope you enjoyed these photos. Stay tuned for a couple of star bio's before the upcoming Blogathons. And if you haven't signed up yet you can get more info on the sidebar. Thanks again for the fantastic pics Venus.
Page


No comments:

Post a Comment