Wednesday 5 December 2012

Book Chat!

With Christmas approaching, I'm sure many of you, like myself have a book or two on your Holiday Wish List. I thought I would take a moment to share some of the books that I've purchased recently and a few that I hope to get as a gift or even buy for myself. (Can't go wrong with Amazon gift cards!)

Some of the books that I've purchased recently are:
Mae West, It Ain't No Sin 

The Hollywood Studios Which takes a look at how the studios were run between the 20s and 40s. 


The Art of the Great Studio Photographers, 1925-1940

Hollywood: The Pioneers by Kevin Brownlow. (A look back at Hollywood during the silent era.)


Hollywood: Then and Now

The Glamour Factory: Inside the Studio System

Dorothy and Lillian Gish

Image Makers

Pickford: The Woman Who Made Hollywood

The Warner Bros Story

Hearst: The Collector

Marion Davies (bio)

Also, our friend, fellow blogger and author,  Jacqueline T. Lynch has a new book out titled Meet Me in Nuthatch which is available via Kindle or Paperback. You can order it HERE.  Three books on my Christmas list are Blind Faith by Joe McGinniss. (He really is the best at true crime) and the latest book by Michelle Vogel,  Lupe Velez: The Life and Career of Hollywood's "Mexican Spitfire" I'm pretty excited that we finally have a great biography on the star. Lastly, I can't wait to get Silent Movies: The Birth of Film and the Triumph of Movie Culture. 


I'm anxious to see what my blog visitors are reading and which books you have on your own holiday wish list. So let's discuss! 

Page

No comments:

Post a Comment