Wednesday 6 February 2013

More Fabulous Stars in Fur!

We have some wicked fog today and a bit of rain. I think that's just about as 'wintery' as it is going to get here. I must continue with my winter series on our delightful stars decked out in fur though. Just imagine a snow plow in the distance and our adorable stars freezing as they show off the latest fashions.

Isa Miranda looks miffed in muff! 

Bebe Daniels and Gloria Swanson step out in the style. (Gloria appears to be whispering.."You know these cameras are here for me, right?")

Oh, Billie Burke! I think a munchkin might just be missing his hat but I do appreciate your sense of humor here.

Boots Mallory pulls off a large fur collar. (I would love to see this outfit from head to toe... She's divine!)

Clara Bow channels one of her chows. I just don't care for her hair swept back like this. It screams "Look at these eyebrows...They're straight and clever even if I'm nuts!"

Dorothy Dix carries off 100lbs of fur perfectly! What I would give for those eyes.

What a fur! I don't even mind that Esther Ralston looks like a crazy haired killa. 

Frances Gifford needs a parade float and some fur therapy!

Fred Astaire has stopped by to show us that men can carry off a touch of fur too. (So glad he left his muff at home!)

Gene Tierney is an eye turner in her chocolate mink as she steps out on the town.  Take it easy Gene! That gal, Lana Turner has your number.

Oh, look! Greta Garbo discovered curling irons. How unfortunate. (And perhaps it's just me but it looks like the photogs caught Ms. Garbo mid seizure,)


When you have a figure like Jean Harlow you can pull off polka dots on the derriere and a fur wrap. Show off! (Cruelty to dry wall and plaster!)

Irene Dunne emulates Garbo in her 'curling irons gone rogue' photo shoot. 

Joan Blondell.  Busty McBusterson takes on fur, a lawn and an odd hat! (Wait until I show this to Shirley!)

Well, that's enough fur for one day. Going to go hug my great aunts fur stole and thank the powers that be that I'll never be desperate or brave enough to wear it other than playing dress up for classic movie night.

Please share your thoughts on these beautiful stars and their fashion choices.
See ya soon!
Page

No comments:

Post a Comment