Friday 24 May 2013

Happy Memorial Day: I Could Really Use a Wish Right Now!

This past week has been a complete nightmare! I've said over and over this past week that I have no words after what happened on Monday after 3:00 p.m. here in Oklahoma and I truly mean that. How can you put into words what my state has endured?

Just go look up 'emotions' in the dictionary and we've experienced every one of them. It really is amazing that you can experience, fear, terror, heartbreak, shock, sadness and relief all within a span of 45 minutes in one given day.

Now that I've put my feelings out here and I realize this is a blog that you come to for entertainment I do feel a bit selfish right now. But, this blog isn't even three years old and before now I've never felt this gutted, stunned or this heartbroken.

BUT, in spite of all of this heartbreak and sadness, if you've seen the news footage of just how horrible things are right now here.  I wanted to share this video of a tornado survivor here in Moore, Barbara Garcia. She is tenacious, adorable, resilient and she will make the toughest of the tough shed a tear when she finds her beloved dog. (She reminds me of my grandmother.) God speed to you, Barbara and Bowzy.



If I could have a wish right now it would be for all of us to have one chance to undo May 20th. The children, the parents who are suffering and the first responders who will never be able to unsee what they've seen over this past week. One day, just one day to go back and undo it.



God Speed and spend your Memorial holiday loving one another, spending it with laughter, kindness and without regret.

If you haven't already and you would like to donate to the Red Cross, you can do so by texting to 'REDCROSS' 90999 to donate $10 or by going to their official site HERE. Thank you to the courageous teachers and first responders who saved lives. We can't thank you enough for your putting your lives on the line.


It might sound like I'm broken but I'm not. I will be back, blogging very soon. I just need a bit of time.  (Mary Astor is waiting for me after all and King Vidor's mansion.)
Page



No comments:

Post a Comment