Wednesday 19 November 2014

Blog Update: I'm Still Here!

Hello to all my fellow bloggers and blog visitors. I greatly apologize for my absence these past few weeks.
As some of you may know, my beloved father passed away a little over two weeks ago now.  It's painful to even type these words.

So many of you have heard me over the years speak about my father and his love of Westerns. Even during his last days while in the hospital one of his main complaints was the hospital didn't get the Western Channel. We laughed a bit about that and I told him mom had better prepare herself when he got home to hear Gene Autry blaring from the other room again.

He gave so much joy to so many during his life. A hard worker, a loving and dedicated father and husband, a loyal friend to many and one thing he found during his last years was an extended family with the Patriot Guard Riders. I'll never forget our conversations in recent years where dad shared his enthusiasm for having the honor of giving back to his fellow Vets, fallen soldiers. And in a touching tribute, each of his fellow Patriot Guard Riders where there to honor my dad as well in a beautiful send off. I know he would have been proud.  Of course, never more proud than I am to have been able to have called him my dad. We were truly blessed.

Hopefully he's getting to catch up on his Westerns now and in peace.




On a blog related note: I am so sorry I missed all the entries for the CMBA Forgotten Stars Blogathon but I'll do my best to go back and read each post. I'll also post my Lois Moran tribute this coming weekend. Of course, like most of my posts, it's so long I think I'll have to do it in at least 3 parts. She had an interesting life I think you'll be interested in reading about.

I'll see you all soon. All the best!
Page


No comments:

Post a Comment