Wednesday 30 November 2011

Milliners Invade Hollywood: Part One

I've been wanting to do a series on our old Hollywood stars wearing fabulous hats but I needed a co-host, one not afraid to give an honest opinion so I've chosen Shirley Temple! Right now Shirley looks thrilled but we shall see if that changes as this series moves forward.  So if you're all ready let the fashion show commence.

What do you think of Ann Miller, Shirley? Shirley: "She is very tall and pretty but I'm more interested in the swing"

Okay, what about Ann Sheridan? Shirley: "Is this a joke? I' would like to borrow it to go for a ride down a water slide"  Guessing it was a bit too expensive for that Shirley!

Betty Grable looks fabulous, don't you agree? Shirley: She looks trust worthy, like my school teacher."

Colleen Moore? Shirley: "Is that real fur?"   Nope! Not at all...moving along.

Carole Lombard looks divine! Shirley: I don't know what divine means but she's very serious and her hair reminds me of my puppies tail"  We all can't have perfect little curls Shirley!

Hedy Lamarr looks perfect! Shirley: It reminds me of an ice cream cone and that I'm working through lunch again!" Eat your pixie stick, we're almost done!

Claudette Colbert in faux fur (pretty certain) Shirley: Claudette knitted that between scenes one day..she's very talented for an adult actress"

Gail Patrick, looking fashionable in hounds tooth. Shirley: She isn't showing any teeth but I recognize that gate!"...It's what they use to keep us corralled between scenes"  Uhmmm.... It's probably best we don't discuss that here or anywhere.

Eve Arden in a pretty little hat.  Shirley: I've seen that one before, on the Good Ship Lollipop"

Jean Arthur, fancy smancy! Shirley: Was she trying out to replace me for my number in Poor Little Rich Girl? If not I like her just fine.

Well, we will stop here for now. Somebody needs a nap and Shirley is getting cranky too. We hope you'll return for our weekly series on hats followed by my Winter series: Stars in furs (shhhh, Shirley thinks they are all faux fur)
Have a great day!
Page

No comments:

Post a Comment