Wednesday 29 February 2012

When Fur Was Fabulous: Part Two

It's a bit difficult to think about furs without sweating, especially since it will be 76 degrees here in OKC today. Perhaps a short fur with shorts or a bathing suit would be okay. Well, the show must go on so if you're ready for more fabulosity let's get started.

When you look like Alexis Smith you can get away with a fur over a brassiere. Of course if a star walked around in that today they would get arrested or worse. I hope Alexis had a handler.

Mary Carlisle. Nothing says look at me like a coat that wiped out an entire fox family!

Even Anna May Wong has gone all Hollywood. Just look at those claws! She's taking this seriously.

OH, Bette Davis! I can't hate on you for this outfit and posing with a dead tree and a sad bush really does highlight everything going on here perfectly!

Here's Barbara Stanwyck showing us her inner sex kitten. Perhaps she should save that for Robert Taylor!

I really don't have anything bad to say about Joan Crawford here. If I were ripping and running back in the 20's I would have chosen this same outfit. Work IT Joanie but get yourself a new hairdresser!

I have to say I'm a bit afraid of Dolores Del Rio here! She's standing on that poor polar bear with a look like she just skinned it then wrap herself in it's hide. I bet Cedric Gibbons is somewhere cowering in fear.

Elizabeth Taylor in another one of her gorgeous furs.

Lupe Velez is here to upstage Dolores! You just know she hunted that polar bear down and killed it with a kick to the throat. And that was after a night of partying. Lupe kicks ass!

The beautiful Paulette Goddard. I wonder how many men have seen this photo and fantasized about getting stuck in an igloo with her?

Well that's enough furs for today but I do have one more photo to share. I've mentioned my mink stole that was passed down from my great aunt. Of course I've never worn it anywhere but I did have fun with it one night. 

Several years ago my step mother Terry had this bright idea for us to start dressing up for movie night. This was the night we watched Sunset Blvd! Of course we threw a few hideous things together then smeared some high eyebrows and lipstick on. I think my widows peak and the red eyes give everything a nice touch. I'll spare you the photo of us the night we watched Boogie Nights. Poor Norma Desmond!  Looking back now, we really did look like demented clowns!

Thanks for stopping by!
Page









No comments:

Post a Comment