Thursday 16 February 2012

When Fur Was Fabulous.

I've been wanting to start my series on our Classic Hollywood stars wearing their furs but with the weather being in the 60's here it just hasn't felt like winter.  I'll pretend it's chilly out for now, throw some fake snowflakes on the windows and get this fur fest started anyway.  So if you're ready let's jump right in but what ever you do don't tell PETA! I don't need those kind of problems.

Alice Faye looks quite glamorous in her white fur.  Like a polar bear who fell into a vat of glitter.

Betty Grable is fashionable in her mini.  Guessing the luggage is full of her full length furs just in case the weather dips to a cool 72 degrees.

Ann Sothern looks like a Toy Poodle competing for Best In Show.  Love the shoes though!

Mary Astor prefers the traditional mink cape over her evening gowns. The star wallpaper isn't over the top at all either!

Claudette Colbert prefers her furs to match her hair. I hope she doesn't wander off into the woods.

Marlene Dietrich has opted for a matching fur hat to keep her warm. I wonder if she's wearing fur lined slacks too?

Claire Trevor is under there somewhere.  She looks like my great aunts Chow.

Linda Darnell is decked out and if I were to wear fur I would go with the chocolate brown too. What a beauty she is!

Ann Blyth is a beauty in her white cape. I thought fur was supposed to 'bulk' you up but Ann looks like a frosted toothpick here.

Ann Francis has the right idea! Just wear something sexy and lay on the fur to stay warm and fashionable.

Barbara Stanwyck prefers the mid length fur. Always stunning!

Bette Davis prefers fur sleeves which weigh more than she does. It doesn't look all that warm but I'm sure she was a real head turner in that outfit.

Clara Bow loved her fur.  Guessing that color was red fox to match her hair. 

Elizabeth Taylor was a big fan of fur when they were acceptable. She was gorgeous in her Chinchilla.  You'll be seeing a lot of her in this series. 

Thanks for joining me and please return for more of my fur series as well as my post during the Dogathon on Tuesday. (More fur!)  Stay warm, film fans!
Page

No comments:

Post a Comment