Sunday 25 March 2012

A little Swanson on a Sunday!


I've been re-reading Gloria Swanson's bio in preparation for an article I'll be doing on her showcasing her life, career, my Swanson autograph as well as some great photos.  I was looking around on Youtube this morning when I came across this old Dick Cavett interview that Gloria did in 1970 when she was 71.  What intrigued me the most was that she looked amazing! Her skin is flawless and she was dressed like the icon that she was while Janis Joplin sat across from her looking an absolute mess! (Yes, Joplin was talented and her life was tragic but what a contrast here).  Gloria is so soft spoken and and endearing as always here. And I don't know many older icons who could pull off a platinum blonde flapper wig and a jeweled bracelet on her upper arm.  Gloria is working it and then some!  It's pretty hilarious how she tries to engage Janis who is clearly off the bend.

If you haven't seen this interview I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Page

No comments:

Post a Comment