Wednesday 26 September 2012

Blog Update and Info


Hello everyone!
I wanted to give my readers, friends a quick update on things here at My Love of Old Hollywood. I apologize for my absence as of late due to a family illness.

My mother that I've spoken about here often, regarding her absolute love of classic films, underwent open heart surgery on Monday so I've been with her and our family over the past few days.  I can report now that she's doing well and we hope that she'll be back at home in a few weeks watching her favorite old films once again.  Me and my dad actually fell asleep at her bedside the night before her surgery while watching the silent film The Red Mill. That Marion Davies can cheer anyone up (Although my dad kept commenting on how he couldn't understand how anyone can walk around in those wooden shoes). Of course I had to comment that if you pay attention, Marion isn't moving very fast but I don't think we're supposed to notice!

Also, while I'm here. I wanted to say congratulations to all of my fellow CMBA members who are nominated for awards this year.  To my surprise I actually have two articles up for awards.  My Thelma Todd two part bio which can be found HERE and HERE then my photo review of King Kong (1933)Colorized which can be found HERE.

I feel very honored to be nominated at all when you consider how very talented our CMBA members are.  There have been so many interesting, clever posts done this year by our members.  It's a great little family that I'm apart of.

If you haven't seen the full list of nominees in each category you can find them HERE at the Classic Movie Blog Association site.

I hope to be back to blogging soon but in the meantime I appreciate all of my blog followers that visit here routinely and join in on the discussions.

Sincerely,
Page

No comments:

Post a Comment